Ice Plant Fruit Salad
This super simple salad is a game changer for your next feast meal! It’s an incredibly refreshing must have side dish thats made with a beautiful blend of delicious fruits and simple dressing to compliment it.
- 5 Strawberries
- 2 Kiwis
- 50g Just Ice Plant
- 100g Just Mesclun Crunchy Classics
- ½ cup Cornflakes
- 3 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Water
- Wash strawberries and kiwis and cut them to desired size.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together and stir until creamy and smooth.
- Place Just Mesclun Crunchy Classics on the base of the bowl.
- Arrange strawberries and kiwis on the bed of salad mix.
- Top off with Just Ice Plant, crushed cornflakes and pour the dressing over everything. Serve immediately!
Ice Pea Crostini
Crostini refers to little toasts in Italian. These little bites are often packed with either sweet or savoury flavours that are entirely up to your preference. Here’s a recipe for a savoury crostini for you to enjoy it at any meal of the day!
- 10 slices of bread (baguette, ciabatta)
- 100g frozen peas, thawed
- 50g Just Ice Plant
- 1 clove garlic
- 10g olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 tbsp butter
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Toast bread with a thin layer of butter in the oven.
- Blanch peas in boiling water until tender, then drain and cool.
- Blend peas, olive oil, garlic and 2 tbsp of lemon juice in a food processor until coarse paste is obtained.
- Spread the mixture over a slice of toast and garnish with ice plant, paprika and feta.
Assam Pedas Ice Plant
Reminiscent of the asam pedas that you get from the friendly makcik at the nasi padang stall? We have something to take you back. This sour and spicy dish is bound to awaken all your senses and satiate your hungry tummy.
- 1 Mackerel Fish (on any Fish of choice)
- 20g Just Ice Plant
- 5 tbsp Oil
- 20 Dried Chillies (de-seed)
- 2 Large Onions
- 6 Garlic
- 4 Bird’s Eye Chili
- 1/2 Ginger
- 1/2 Tumeric
- 1/2 Lemongrass
- 2 tsp of Tamarind Paste
- 3 Lime Leaves
- Handful of Laksa Leaves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 tsp Sugar
- 300ml Water
- Soak Dried Chillies in hot water for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, blend Garlic, Onions, Ginger and Tumeric with a little bit of water until smooth yellow-white paste, then set aside.
- Blend the soaked Dried Chillies and Bird’s Eye Chilli together until it becomes a red thick paste.
- Add in Oil, and once it is hot, add in Lemongrass and Garlic blended ingredients until the oil splits. After a few minutes, put in Lime Leaves. Continue mixing.
- Now, add in the blended Chilli Paste, mix, then cover.
- After 5 minutes, add in Sugar, a pinch of Salt, 10g of Just Ice Plant, and Tamarind Paste.
- Put in Water and continue mixing and let it thicken.
- Add in the Fish, Laksa Leaves and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with the remaining Ice Plant and serve with Rice!